Ein’Arik – The project of renovation of the Church’s roof is now completed.
Ein ‘Arik is an ancient Palestinian town, located 7 kilometers west of the city of Ramallah in the northern West Bank. There are two churches located in the village, and one mosque that has the tallest minaret of all Palestine. The majority of its habitants are Muslims, however, there is a sizable Christian community. The village is an exemple of co-existence between Muslims and Christians.
The Roof of Ein Arik Church needed waterproofing to prevent water leakage and future damages in the roof, walls and ceiling of the Church. It was a part of the renovation project for Ein’Arik.
The project included the following:
- Removing all existing waterproofing membrane on the church roof, remove old pipes from the entrance and other sealing works.
- Pointing works on the roof for areas as selected by the engineer. The work also includes removing all cracked old pointing.
- Cleaning the stone cross and the facade and pointing works.
- Supply and install new waterproofing membrane over the roof of the church works include the primer and silver paint.
- Supply and install new waterproofing membrane over the roof of the entrance church works include the primer and silver paint.
- Supply and install new waterproofing membrane over the dome and the concrete wall behind the dome. Works shall include cleaning the stone of the dome before installation of the membrane.
- Supply and install 10×10 cm angel edge cement and sand for the dome before the waterproofing membrane.
- Supply and install galvanized steel sheets over the waterproofing membrane on the parapets. The sheets shall be 3×3 cm wide in L- shape. They shall be fixed using screws and Sika 2HP.
- Removal of all roof waterproofing and a new layer was installed, a foam slope layer, and a concrete layer.
- Maintenance for the water Drain Gutter.
The LPJ Engineering Office executed the design and preparation of tender documents works, LPJ technical department team including its external site engineer as site supervisor executed the supervision on site. The project was completed on September 17th.