The Apostolic Administrator
The Lord’s work is really loving our neighbor, loving and caring for one another, especially those in greatest need, and especially for those of the “household of faith”. The development office of the Latin Patriarchate is established to carry out this work. Utilizing means and methods to do the work efficiently and effectively is important. And so we have established a project development office webpage. Here you will read its objective and its plans, projects, needs and opportunities. The Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem has a tremendous responsibility toward the Church communities, the Christian faithful by offering humanitarian help, housing, pastoral activities, and educational, social and spiritual projects.
Pope John Paul II once remarked, “As the family goes, so goes the nation and so goes the whole world in which we live.” How true! It has always been the great and sweet burden of the Latin Patriarchate to ensure that the family unit is the fundamental building block of the local community and of society at large. This effort cannot be pursued only by offering spiritual teaching and direction but must encompass a holistic approach in its work and assistance.
The turmoil in the Middle East has weakened the economy. Consequently, unemployment is high, especially in rural villages and this has resulted in impoverished living conditions. Increased family tensions make it difficult for children and adults. The end result is a gradual and, in some cases, rapid breakdown of the family unit. You can help Holy Land families improve their living conditions by participating in one or more projects of our development office. Please read and take to heart the projects that are planned and prayerfully consider partnering to make sure that the local communities build their capacity and sustainability. Your help will bring greater opportunities for families to lead safe, healthy and productive lives.
We pray for those whom the Lord has blessed with abundance to share with the poor and the most dependent, who find it hardest to provide for themselves. Your thoughtfulness and generosity are deeply appreciated by all of us and especially those who are most in need of your goodness.
With every good wish and blessing, I commend you and your families to the care of the Holy Family of Nazareth!
† Pierbattista Pizzaballa,
Greetings and welcome to the new Project Development Office webpage.
The project Department of the Latin Patriarchate of Jerusalem, was re-designed at the end of 2014, and renamed Project Development Office. Some changes were adopted in order to better serve both, the internal and external demands and needs of our Institution and partners alike.
The main objectives of the Project Development Office are:
- To diagnose the main needs in each parish, by working closely with the local priest in order to understand their necessities and address potential projects and innovative solutions.
• To team up with the LP engineering and finance staff, to develop a plan for each project and coordinate onsite inspections to foresee technical solutions and elaborate a feasibility study according to the requested project.
• To draw up a proposal, containing a summary of the interventions, financial studies and impact and benefit to the community.
- To communicate and present the project proposals to our institutional partners, donors and supporters, so that they may have easy access to a concept paper, containing a summary of the appeal.
• To follow up after a donation is granted, with regular reports to the donors, so they may follow the progress of their contribution.
• Relationship building with our donors and partners, through transparent , professional and objective communication regarding the projects.
I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to join us in our mission in the Holy Land, by helping our Christians to remain in their “home land”; providing good employment opportunities, housing projects for families, scholarship funds for needy students, social, pastoral and humanitarian projects.
With the assurance of my prayers, I would like to share with you an inspiration from the words of Saint John Paul II: “ Love of Christ does not distract us from interest in others, but rather invites us to responsibility for them, to the exclusion of no one…”.
Sincerely in Christ,
† Rev. Fr. Imad Twal